A kitchen remodel is a great way to make a dated kitchen look more modern. It is also a great way to make your kitchen more efficient. If you are planning a Kitchen Renovations Melbourne at GIA Renovations remodelling there are a few things that you should consider during the planning phase so that you can get the most out of your kitchen.
Allocate Project Costs To Get the Most For Your Money
Regardless of how high or low your kitchen renovation is, you are going to need to allocate your money for each of the renovation projects. Professional kitchen designers use an allocation plan with most projects that cover everything in the plan.
• 29% of the budget should go to the cabinets and hardware.
• 22% of the budget should go to the kitchen design and installation.
• 16% of the budget should go to the walls, ceiling, doors, floors, and windows.
• 14% of the budget should be allocated to the appliances and ventilation.
• 10% of the budget should be put towards the countertops.
• 9% of the budget should go to the electrical and the plumbing.
It is important to understand that these numbers serve only as a guide. If hidden issues become apparent during the kitchen renovation, money may need to be taken from one area’s budget to compensate for the additional and unexpected costs.
You Can Save Money On Your Kitchen Cabinets
If you don’t have a huge renovation budget, there are a few ways that you can save money on your kitchen cabinets.
• Choose cabinets from a manufacturer that has the style and finish that you want as a standard option. If you have to pay an up-charge, it will increase the cost of the cabinets. Also, most reputable manufacturers offer a warranty on the internal hardware, the workmanship, the accessories, and the cabinets themselves.
• Don’t pay for customer organizers or factory-built organizers. You can find aftermarket rollout trays, utensil dividers, and spice racks that are installed on the back of a cabinet door much cheaper at cabinetparts.com or organize.com.
• Don’t pay extra for custom configurations. There are plenty of ways that you can fill awkward spaces without needing to have custom cabinets built. You can either use a stock wine organizer, cubbies, or appliance panels to fill in the awkward spaces. This will cost much less than ordering custom cabinets.
• If your kitchen cabinets are in good condition, you should consider having them refinished rather than replacing them altogether. Refinishing your cabinets and changing the hardware can give them an entirely new look at a fraction of the cost of replacing them.
Choose the Best Under Cabinet Lighting
Under cabinet lighting is very popular in kitchens today. When it comes to choosing the best lighting, you have two options.
• LED: LED lights are energy efficient and the bulbs last for a long time. LED lights tend to be thin, therefore, you won’t need a very large lip to hide the fixtures. If you don’t want your lights to have a bluish tint, you should go with LED lights that are rated below 3,500 on the Kelvin scale.
• Xenon: If you don’t have a large budget for your kitchen renovation, Xenon lights might be the better option. They provide a wide beam and accurate color. They are also dimmable which is a great option. You should understand that these light can be hot to the touch.
Make the Best Use Of Your Lower Cabinet Space
If you have a blind corner connecting the cabinets from one wall to the other, you should make the most of the space. If you install either a Lazy Susan or double sliding shelves, you can increase the usable cabinet space. Also, these two options will make the items in these lower cabinets easy to reach.
Choose the Most Versatile Sink
According to most kitchen designers, a large single basin sink is best. It shouldn’t be any deeper than 10 inches. Anything deeper will result in your elbows being submerged in suds and you will need to lean down too far to reach the dishes. It is best to go with a basin that is flat so that the glasses don’t tip over and get broken. Finally, you should choose a sink with a drain that is placed closer to the back to keep the drain from being stopped up with dirty dishes.
If you are planning a Gia Renovations http://www.giarenovations.com.au/ remodel and you want it to cost as little as possible and be as efficient as possible, you should follow one or all of the tips listed above. It is also a good idea to sit down with a professional designer who can come up with a few ideas to create your dream kitchen.